Warning Signs Of Inappropriate Relationships With Students
Alabama police arrested a schoolteacher and charged him with engaging in sexual contact with a minor.
According to the police, the parents of a female high school student became concerned about their daughter when she did not return home from what was to be a quick trip to the store. The parents found her daughter's car at the store, but could not locate the girl. Police later found her walking along a nearby road.
Further investigation revealed that the girl had met the teacher for a sexual encounter, and that the sexual relationship had been going on for several months.
The accused teacher also coaches boys soccer at the school and for a community club team. Brett Greenberg, Jeremy Jones "Faith Academy teacher, coach accused of having sexual contact with student: Mobile Co. Sheriff" www.wkrg.com (Mar. 15, 2023).
- A desire to be near students as much as possible
- A desire to be alone with one or small group of students without other adults present
- A preference of being around students over adults
- Frequently visits places where students are present
- Loiters in places where students are nude, semi-nude or can be viewed without notice like bathrooms and locker rooms
- Wants students to view them as preferable over other adults
- A hyper-focus on a student or group of students
- Talks, writes, and acts like a student
- Expresses a fondness of things and activities students like, such as video games or social media chatrooms
- Ignores boundaries including, but not limited to, boundaries meant to protect students
- Touches students inappropriately
- Makes comments about the bodies or appearances of students
- Provides gifts, money and favors to students
- Provides alcohol and/or drugs to students
- Produces child pornography
- Sends sexual images of themselves or others to students
- Solicits children and/or parents or guardians of students to produce child pornography
- Takes and collects images of unrelated students
- Makes sexual comments about students
- Speaks in sexually derogatory terms about students
- Overcomplimentary of the one or a few students
- Frequently communicates with students in person or online without other adults present or knowing
- Seeks relationships with students online
Finally, your opinion is important to us. Please complete the opinion survey: